Thursday, April 16, 2009

What To Do.........

The time has arrived that I must make a heart rending decision. I have to decide whether to put my spouse in a nursing home or bring him to my home and be a care giver. The care giver, I am not and neither am I a nurse, which will be needed for awhile until he can get better. I have no idea how long this will take. He will not want to do some of the things, I have to ask him to do and this will cause him to get mad at me. His blood pressure could shoot up and cause another stroke. I don't want to be the one to cause such a thing and surely don't relish the idea of being stuck in my own home, 24/7 with a person, who can't be left to himself. He is going to need the watchful eye of a person, who is caring for a 2 yr. old. The stress would overwhelm me, as the decision making is doing right now. I do pray for God's help in this matter because it's a very hard thing to do.

No comments: