Saturday, April 4, 2009

Childhood Memories

Do you remember being in events as a child and going on Easter hunts,with the other children in your class? Wasn't it fun to find the prize egg, and get the 50, or 25 cents, they had stuffed inside the candy egg? How about those boiled and dyed chicken eggs, that you tried to peel and they would tear up? One of them would be the prize egg to find, for a dollar or five dollars. Boy, wasn't it fun to show off your prize? I often catch myself remembering, how I would be so excited to go shopping for my "easter dress, shoes and hat." My grandmother would always, buy me white sandals, so they would show the same matching color socks, as my dress. I didn't like green or blue for my dress color, it always, had to be yellow or pink. If she didn't buy me a white straw hat to wear with it then, she would get me a nice same color satin ribbon to tie on a barrette and put in my hair, so I wouldn't loose it running and playing. It was a time to show off our "Sunday best", and see if someone had something as nice as ours was. Yes, Easter was quite a time, for us youngsters, back when I was young. We never missed church and the beautiful story of Christ's resurection. I remember the Easter lilies, that sat down at the front of the church, near the altar. To me they were all a part of the celebration of Easter.

No comments: