Just recently, you gave me your email address and we started keeping in touch with each other. I had known you for several years and was glad to see you out and about...........it had been such a long time since the last time you were around and everyone was glad to see you and know you were alive. By being alive, many of us knew that down through the years you had battled your health problems. Cancer was one of your problems and the other many knew about but hoped you would overcome.........sadly to say.........a combination of all finally took your life......this week..........I didn't find out about it until it was to late to say farewell at your memorial service. But I ran into your ex-wife and some of your old buddies that had just come from the service and I knew right away, it had to be you..............
I had received an email from your sister, last week that you were getting weak and was only able to stay up for sort whiles......I take comfort in that during those last months of your life you were able to acknowledge God and his love. I so hope that in some small way, I was able to give you a friendly gesture and show you God's love and tenderness.
So long my friend and I hope you have your wings.........
Nita
No comments:
Post a Comment