Thursday, March 26, 2009

Dear Mother Maria

I never got to know you but I know you would have been, someone I would have really liked. At least I like to think I would have. You are the mother of the man I love and I wish you hadn't died before I could have come down to your town and met you.
I had to be very firm with your son, when all the circumstances surrounding your death were told to us. He wanted to come down and vindicate your death. I wouldn't let him, because I knew it wouldn't change the fact that your were gone. He had a real hard time accepting it and was very hurt that he wasn't there to protect you.
I remember the last time he talked to you on the phone, and he told that he was with me and you told him, that " maybe he would settle his wild butt down, now". I remember him laughing, and saying yeah, "Maybe". Almost 2 years later we're still together and I wish you were still here, for him.
Today, he is still talking of the times, with you and you cooking his favorite foods. I feel the loss along with him, but I know that the bond between you two, will always be in his heart.......for this I am thankful.
I know that you have other children, and that helps him, when he can go and visit them, and remember your times together.
I want you to know that I will do my best to take special care of your son, and I love him very much.
Sincerely,
Nita

No comments: