Tuesday, October 14, 2008

1st Husband

Last night I got a call, telling me that my 1st husband was about to die. He has been very sick for several years and his passing, will be a mercy to him. He hasn't been able to get enough oxygen for his body all these years and has carried an oxygen tank around with him all this time.
I've not been in contact with him very often since, the divorce. But have kept up with his situations, through our sons. His wife has pushed most of us away down through the years, so we kept our distance.
I can understand her pushing me, the ex-wife away, but not the sons, whom she helped him raise. Our oldest son, has been alienated from his father, several years. I truly believe she had a hand in it and tried to talk to him and tell him that this was the only Dad he had..........and vice versa.
I hope he can make contact with his father before he dies.......this is something they both need. The other son, has been here all the time and dropped by his Dad's often during the weeks, before. So, I know that he will have a grip on things. The bitterness and sibling rivalry between the two, may cause some problems, but I hope it will get worked out.
To Doyle, I send my left over heart, for all the years he loved me deeply in his heart and couldn't do anything about it.........I hope he made his peace with God.......before this happened.

No comments: