Sunday, November 30, 2008

Dear Archie

I haven't thought about you in a long time. I guess the time in between your death and now has mounted enough until, I have put you somewhere in the past. Todays' life has carried me beyond those days.
But your memory returned Thanksgiving Day, when a young man I haven't seen in a year or so came to my home to visit my youngest son. It was your son, Ernie and he was there to visit Barney, because they hadn't seen each other in awhile. They grew up together and became friends for a lifetime. It's hard to have someone you can always know is your friend after all these years. They hugged and went outside to talk and catch up on things.
I'm glad that your son, still keeps in touch with the people from his childhood. I guess that's a way of keeping your memory alive in him as well as having someone to connect to, that reminds him of family. During the years your boy grew up, his life was turbulent, so any good relationships that he had, became special to him.
Archie, your son is such a nice young man, and I hope you realize that he is doing well, and working hard. You have grandchildren and it would have been nice if you could still have been around for them.
Your maverick ways, led you through the life you lived and I know that was your kind of freedom. You reminded me of a "Flower Child", who never really grew up.
Ernie, looks alot like you but he, is much larger built and stouter. I guess he got that from his Mom's side of the family. He took over the plumbing business, that you so skillfully taught him, as well as another member of your family that I'm not interested in mentioning.
I know that you are missed by all that hung around with you, like my daughter Misty. You and her were buddies, for many years, because you both were the "flower children" and lived your lives in that manner. She still does and I know if you were alive, and she would let you..........you would be right down there with her, training the horses........
Your memory is a nice and sweet one...........you are missed.
Love ya,
Kaye



No comments: