Monday, February 10, 2014

Real Thing......

Growing up as a child was different from many.  A grandmother who went to church devoutly also lived the life as best she could.  Being human has always been a problem for anyone who tries to live the Christian way and beliefs.  She no doubt found times that she could not understand.  I often saw her on her knees praying for guidance as she went about her daily life.  Most of all I remember her singing.  Whether it be at church or home, she could always break out in a song of praise to her Lord.  Following in her footsteps became a way of life.  I too found that feeling of uplifting every time I sang for the Lord.  Starting at the age of 4, I began a life filled with the gift of music.  Songs became a way of feeling that I was giving of myself to the local world around me.  The fact that most of my music was religious was no problem to me.  It was my heritage, where I came from.  That was good enough for me. 
Her singing was always comforting in a secure way, and gave me peace that she had the hand of God leading and guiding her every move.  One thing I always knew was that she would go to him in all things, no matter what.......!  That was the REAL THING!

No comments: