Loading...

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Now What

I was taking a course online that was important to my driving record.  As I progressed the website, kept moving me along to the next page of the driving course and then giving me short tests, to test my knowledge.  I was about 3/4's of the way through the course, when suddenly my computer screen froze.  I tried to click on the screen to get it back but it wouldn't give.  Not knowing what to do, I sat there and waited to see if the course would reconnect and come back online.  The screen went black and then it told me I had lost internet connection, please reconnect to my service provider. 
All of the work I had do and the tests I had taken were not saved and therefore lost.  I was so mad, and reconnected to the internet service provider, then went back through the steps of getting back online, to go back to that certain account.  It was my hope that the work which had progressed to a certain level, would still be there.  To my dismay the whole course had to be started over again.  Each time the computer would slow down or stall, it would scare me for fear it would happen again.  I managed to make it all the way through the course this time, and sighed with relief when it was over.  I suppose if I had of had the  wildblue internet provider , things would have been much different and I wouldn't have had the problems that I experienced. It's necessary to have good service even if you live out in a rural area.

No comments: