Loading...

Monday, July 27, 2009

A Few Years Back.........

A few years back, a young man, that I became acquainted with through my husband, developed a deep sense of sadness. I would visit with him when he had a few minutes to take a break.
During these moments, he confided in me that his wife had written him off and wouldn't have anything to do with him. You see, David had been a "druggie" for sometime and was having a hard time dealing with it. She was a Christian and didn't want anything to do with his problem, or be around it. She dealt with him several years to no avail, and finally gave up.
David played at a club at night, in a band. Drugs an alcohol being rampant in those places gave him little space to clear his head. Besides that he had noticed a few young ladies, during this time as well.
One night he, seemed really down, and was almost crying, when he was talking to me. It seemed he was down as far as he could go and was about to give up. David, doubted God and it was because of his past experiences, with revivals, and top evangelists, who led double lives, that he had performed on stage with. Seeing that David needed something, and (sitting in a bar) I told him. That I knew I was in a wrong place to be talking "God", but I was going to say something anyway. That he could hear what I said or blow it off. I told David, that when you get down as far as you think you can go and can't see any help..........to reach up............I promise that if you reach up to God, he will reach down and help you. I told David, that I've seen it happen time and time again.........even in my own life. He whined a bit more.........and asked me how could God help him............I told David.........I don't know how.......but I know he will.......
After that night, I never saw him for a long time. One evening about 2 years later, I was busy getting dinner ready, and listening to a religious program, that came on Sunday evenings. I heard the Preacher, announce a guest singer, and suddenly I realized whose name, I had just heard............it was David's. I jump up and yelled at my husband to come look that his friend David was on the TV.............sure enough........David was singing a beautiful religious song........with his beautiful voice.........and praising God.........
Not to let it go.................I called the local station, because I knew the show was live. I left a message for David, to call when he got the chance. About a hour later, I received a call from him.......I squealed with happiness..........and he thanked me for steering him in the right direction.
David caught me up on his life............and his wife had come back.........they now had a new baby something they had never had all their years of marriage.....
There's always an end to a story..........and this one also ended.........with David dying 2 years later from lung cancer.........What a beautiful voice is up there in God's heavenly choir........!

No comments: